Live Streaming

Full Version: :: SOLVED :: webapp ChatrouletteApp not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I m a new customer from ChatRoulette Clone system.

I have a red5 server and try to follow the steps that are included at readme file.

I already look at this forum for more detailed information regarding the red5 instance.

Well, I have downloaded the ChatrouletteApp and edited the database information as indicated.
Moved all files to my webappp directory and restarted red5 0.8 but doesnt works.

I m a little confused when I read about "Deploy the applet"

What is this? Is to just copy all content (move from - to) or is some command to be executed?

If you can help me will be much appreciated.

Regards,
Rafael
Now I m getting these erros:

Exception in thread "Launcher:/ChatrouletteApp" org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'web.context' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/red5-web.xml]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through bean property 'clientRegistry': : Cannot find class [org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource] for bean with name 'dataSource' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/red5-web.xml]; nested exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.CannotLoadBeanClassException: Cannot find class [org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource] for bean with name 'dataSource' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/red5-web.xml]; nested exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.aut​owireByType(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1091)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.pop​ulateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:982)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doC​reateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:472)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.r​un(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:409)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.cre​ateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:380)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(Abstra​ctBeanFactory.java:264)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingle​ton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:222)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(Abstract​BeanFactory.java:261)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBe​anFactory.java:185)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBe​anFactory.java:164)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstanti​ateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:429)
at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactory​Initialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:728)
at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractA​pplicationContext.java:380)
at org.red5.server.tomcat.TomcatLoader$1.run(TomcatLoader.java:539)
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.CannotLoadBeanClassException: Cannot find class [org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource] for bean with name 'dataSource' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/red5-web.xml]; nested exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.resolveBeanClass(A​bstractBeanFactory.java:1141)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.pre​dictBeanType(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:524)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.isFactoryBean(Abst​ractBeanFactory.java:1177)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.getBeanName​sForType(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:222)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactoryUtils.beanNamesForTypeIncludingAnce​stors(BeanFactoryUtils.java:187)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.findAutowir​eCandidates(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:652)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.resolveDepe​ndency(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:610)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.aut​owireByType(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1076)
... 14 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:13​87)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:12​33)
at org.springframework.util.ClassUtils.forName(ClassUtils.java:211)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinition.resolveBeanClas​s(AbstractBeanDefinition.java:385)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.resolveBeanClass(A​bstractBeanFactory.java:1138)
... 21 more

Anyone can help me?
If your Red5 server runs properly and accepts RTMP connections, version 2.8 should work without any hassle (just upload the ChatRouletteApp.zip into your server and extract the ChatRouletteApp directory into /red5/webapps).

CRC 3.x is a little bit tricky since it uses database. This can cause a headache I know. Please read our posts about Installing Red5 on cPanel servers ( http://www.videosoftware.pro/forum/thread-21.html ). Read the last pages too, we are adding new info that may help. Please also read other posts here: http://www.videosoftware.pro/forum/forum-7.html
Hello!

First of all thanks for your info.

We use Red5 servers for VideoChat applications and it works fine.

I have tested with version 2.8 and works without problems.

The problem ocurrs only when we try to use the new releases with database integration.

Sad
Yesssssss

Problem Solved !!!

After many tryes, I found the problem.

Download the Commons Lib from Apache:

wget *** YOUR MIRROR ***/commons-dbcp-1.4-bin.zip

Move it to your webapps folder into red5 = /opt/red5/dist/webapps/ChatrouletteApp/WEB-INF/lib

Restart your server.

NOTE:

I have inside /opt/red5/dist/webapps/ChatrouletteApp/WEB-INF/lib these files:

commons-dbcp-1.4.jar
mysql-connector-java-5.1.12-bin.jar
tomcat-dbcp.jar

Thanks for all help !!

Regards,
Rafael
Rafael, what is the Red5 version you are using with CRC 3.3 ?
Our servers run Red5 0.8 and CRC 3.3 without problem (also noticed that most Red5 hosting providers use 0.8 instead of the latest 0.9.1 Final) .
I wonder if you run 0.9 since we were unable to run JabberCam (CRC 2.8 - 3.3) on Red5 0.9.1 until now.
Hello!

I m running RED5 0.8.0

I m a service provider and we have our own host, not use third part hosting to host red5.

I m using also the latest version 3.3 downloaded from customer portal.

Thanks!
Hello,
It seems there is a significant difference between 0.8 and 0.9 since most of the providers are unable to run CRC 3 (and other video scripts) on 0.9
Thanks!
Yes, We have some videochat applications running and 0.9 doesnt works.

We still using 0.8

Thanks