Live Streaming

Full Version: Connection timeout or user not found
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi

ive installed the jabbercam and chat works between computers inside the same network as i am. but when i try to chat with someone outside my local network, it says no one was found, or sometimes timeout.

could it be some sort of security error.
also, i noticed that the .htaccess file required www prefix, but my website has url like this
site1.website.com, and there is no http or www, does this matter.
In case of subdomain, the htaccess file is not recommended. About the other issue, there can be multiple causes (ex. firewall). Try it on a free server for testing.
(12-04-2010, 03:25 AM)JabberCam Wrote: [ -> ]In case of subdomain, the htaccess file is not recommended. About the other issue, there can be multiple causes (ex. firewall). Try it on a free server for testing.

ok...so i removed the htaccess file, but the problem is still the same. also tried on a different server.

the weird thing is that i can chat between 2 computers that are in the same local network( not in the same network as the server), but i cant chat with anyone outside my own network, even though im chatting with the computers in my network, over the internet.

what else could be the cause of it

also, i noticed that the admin.php has a task for importing ip´s.
since it was optional i didnt do it. but could this be the cause of the problem`?
There can be several different reasons that are preventing connections to a different network and for sure it is not the video chat software. This code was tested on hundreds of different servers and works fine. My guess was the firewall since we had some problems with ConfigServer Security&Firewall (CSF) on cPanel servers with Red5. When CSF was turned off, the RTMP connections were restored.

From your post, seems that the server lets you connect only if you are on the same IP. Strange! It can be a network security setting but I don't wish to make a guess since I don't know the circumstances and the architecture of your network. The only advice I can give is to try it on a different hosting account.

The ip addresses are used for GeoIP location. If you log into http://www.jabbercam.com, you will notice that the software knows your geographical location (country) and in 95% your partner's location (country). This is done by the GeoIP locator that uses the IP database. It has nothing to do with connections.

The only thing that may disallow people from connecting to your chat is the banned IP address list (IP blacklist). Take a look at your database and empty the "bans" table.
(12-10-2010, 04:34 AM)JabberCam Wrote: [ -> ]There can be several different reasons that are preventing connections to a different network and for sure it is not the video chat software. This code was tested on hundreds of different servers and works fine. My guess was the firewall since we had some problems with ConfigServer Security&Firewall (CSF) on cPanel servers with Red5. When CSF was turned off, the RTMP connections were restored.

From your post, seems that the server lets you connect only if you are on the same IP. Strange! It can be a network security setting but I don't wish to make a guess since I don't know the circumstances and the architecture of your network. The only advice I can give is to try it on a different hosting account.

The ip addresses are used for GeoIP location. If you log into http://www.jabbercam.com, you will notice that the software knows your geographical location (country) and in 95% your partner's location (country). This is done by the GeoIP locator that uses the IP database. It has nothing to do with connections.

The only thing that may disallow people from connecting to your chat is the banned IP address list (IP blacklist). Take a look at your database and empty the "bans" table.

thanks for the reply.

I tried the chat on different server and it didnt work either.
whats more interesting is that i couldnt connect to other co-workers in http://www.jabbercam.com/ either.
I could connect to some random people.
connecting directly by username failed too.

Username is case sensitive. It should work, we're using it on regular basis.